Chandra Manning. 6-12 Instructional Facilitator. Asheboro City Schools. NC. USA

Monday, November 12, 2012

Using Technology for Feedback

In college, my professors said to never use red ink, but to use something less harsh like green or blue.  I was also encouraged to always find something good to say about a piece.  So as an English teacher I spent hours (and money on green pens) trying to provide feedback that the student author could understand and use to improve his/her writing.  Without fail, many students skimmed through the pages with feedback, only to study the page with the grade.  I recently found this video of a teacher who uses podcasting for feedback.  Check it out:

I could see this working by using OneNote's audio insert option or Vocaroo (a free voice recording service) and uploading in the response file of Moodle.  If you want to give your green pen a rest and try it out, let me know how the students' writing is improved (or not).

~Chandra

No comments:

Post a Comment